hey!

this is for this.

okay, im starting to get the hang of using this linking thing, don't mind me. this is what happen when i start to figure things out. sangat overuse kan. notice tak that i have this linking thing going on in almost every post? for the couple of my previous post la.

so, here it goes.
(i went overboard with the word counting. by 101 words. boleh ke ek?)

During our usual after work coffee session, a dearly colleague once told me.

“Don’t be afraid to step up and try something new. You’ll never know what awaits you”

And that hits me, straight to the heart.

I have wanted to do something out of the norm, since years. I never have the guts and courage to do so. Even to the simplest thing such as riding a bike. I was never open to any challenges, as I have always lived my life in a safe road, avoiding any humps and bumps. I was a really cautious kid back in school. The shy one who envied other girls playing ‘teng teng’ or ‘batu seremban’ but does not make any effort to join other children playing, even though deep down inside I was very much eager to play with them. I was the shy one who waited for others to invite me to play. Starting a casual conversation was never an option for this introvert young lady.

Things were slowly improving for me when I was in my secondary years.

Being the eldest in the family, the parents decided to send me off to a boarding school. At the beginning, it was really hard for me to adapt with the environment and being independent without having the family around. After awhile, I managed to do so with the help of friends around me. The place had taught me to be open to people. Yet, I still prefer living my life on the safe side, evaluating each and every single choice I have to every decision. I will always make sure that I am all secured, out of harm’s way.

After graduated from university, I was not in a rush looking for a job. The first two months was spent sinfully on the couch, watching the television to a point where the evil electronic box has became my best friend. My parents were very much worried. My father was then working with the local airlines and have a company of his own doing office maintenance. At that time, the company had some internal problems with one of the directors. Hence, he requested my assistance since I have nothing else occupying myself, except the best friend, which happens to be the television!

Without thinking much, and me being me, accepting what ever that may come in my path, I agreed and started working there. With no one around to guide me, and nobody that I can refer to as mentor, I did the best I can in order to ensure the company’s success. It was very challenging at the beginning, with my multimedia background, business is far away complicated that I could ever imagine. I made countless mistakes in making the right decision for the company, but my parents are always there, providing support, helping me to correct the mistakes I have done. They keep on telling me that with extra hard work, nothing is impossible. Then and there, I realize I was not alone in this journey.

There were times when I met with my former university mates, when they start to talk about how ‘cool’ and glamorous their jobs are. Having to meet the celebrities, and even become one of the celebrities. I do not have any of that to compare with them, how can housekeeping being compared to those fascinating glamorous jobs? But then I realize how dim I was. Yes, housekeeping business may not be the glamorous job that everybody is talking about, but it pays good money. And now, when anyone asks me what I am doing for a living, without any hesitation I would say I am managing my own cleaning business and I am very proud of it!

At this point of life, I have taken a lot of chances around me, without even me knowing it. I didn’t realize how far I have gone, and am still very afraid to make the wrong decision. But then again, what is life without taking any chances?

I have had enough living my life on the safe side which brings me nowhere. Others may have more than what I have in life or have done better than what I have done for my life. However, no one else will take the plunge to improve my life, except myself. And besides, winners make things happen and losers let things happen. I am not letting myself to be one of the losers and will make sure that I am the winner. I want to be the successful woman who owns a world-class cleaning business, driving the latest version of BMW, living in a huge mansion, and the most important thing of all, the happiest person alive. Come back to me in the next 6 years, and I shall prove you this.


is this convincing enough?

you tell me.

1 comment:

shahrul Faiz said...

convincing tersangat sampai nk menangis....

good luck